Sunday, July 17, 2005

The Chronicles of Mr. Mom - Day 2

Slept late today - well, if 7:30 is ever considered late.
I had to mow the yard this a.m. so the kids got to play outside. I didn't even finish before they were ready to go inside - "it's too hot!" I can't believe it. When I was a kid, I went outside right after breakfast and didn't come in until dinner time. What a bunch of wimps.

"Dad, you promised to take us to MacDonald's last night, but we didn't go. Take us there for lunch."

Cleaning, fighting, more cleaning, "Sissy said I never get to play with her again." Cry, cry, cry. "She's not lying, she just said it..." Grandmommy and PaPa will be here soon. You'll forget all about it.

Mommy called - hooray!!! Finally got her luggage. Now, she won't stink. Called mommy back to get recipe help.

Grandmommy and PaPa arrived.

Cooked dinner, burned melted feta on bottom of skillet. Mommy never does that. Tasted OK, not as good as mommy's.

Had to call mommy back to make sure she took KJ's rollercoaster book. Major crying fit.

off to bed.

number of "I want mommy to come home" today: 3

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your blog "Milo"
(- I approve, girly-girl. You are allowed to keep him. He is adorable!)
Hang in there- burnt fetta is good for the soul.
Cheers J

Jeff Seale said...

I'm sure as the week goes on, the "when is mommy coming home" count will look like the cost of filling up my SUV this weekend.

Thank you, Julie. You're welcome to drop in anytime.